The name of West Virginia Wesleyan College has changed twice since its founding and its college catalogs reflect this. From 1890-1904 it was known as the West Virginia Conference Seminary. From 1904-1906 it was known as the Wesleyan University of West Virginia. From 1906-the present, it has been known as West Virginia Wesleyan College. The catalog has also been represented by numerous names, prominent among them including 'Bulletin' and 'Catalogue'.